|Title||Savannah, Ga. Savannah Public Library.|
|Collection||1121-057, V. & J. Duncan Postcard Collection|
Savannah Public Library."
SAVANNAH PUBLIC LIBRARY. The public library of Savannah is in Hodgson Hall, a building erected in 1873 to the memory of Wm. Brown Hodgson; the structure covers a space 91 by 41 feet. The library contains over 25,000 volumes, and is open to all white residents over 14 years of age. The city contributes $3,000 and the Historical Society, $500, annually to its support."
This colorized photograph depicts Hodgson Hall (Georgia Historical Society) and adjacent buildings from the intersection of Whitaker and Gaston Streets.
|Source||V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Credit line||Courtesy of City of Savannah, Research Library & Municipal Archives on behalf of V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Copyright||Copyright has not been assigned to the City of Savannah. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the collections must be submitted in writing to the Research Library & Municipal Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the City of Savannah as owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.|
|Online Finding Aid||http://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4354|