|Title||LUTHERAN CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION, WRIGHT SQUARE, SAVANNAH, GA.|
|Collection||1121-057, V. & J. Duncan Postcard Collection|
"LUTHERAN CHURCH OF THE ASCENSION, WRIGHT SQUARE, SAVANNAH, GA."
"FOUNDED BY JOHN MARTIN BOLZIUS, 1741; VISITED BY HENRY MELCHIOR MUHLENBERG, 1742; SUNDAY SCHOOL ORGANIZED 1828; PRESENT CHURCH BUILDING WAS ERECTED 1843. RECONSTRUCTED IN 1879. SUNDAY SCHOOL BUILDING ERECTED 1928."
This black and white postcard, postmarked July 12, 1960 (?) depicts the front and side facades of the Lutheran Church of the Ascension.
|Year Range from||1928.0|
|Source||V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Credit line||Courtesy of City of Savannah, Research Library & Municipal Archives on behalf of V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Copyright||Copyright has not been assigned to the City of Savannah. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the collections must be submitted in writing to the Research Library & Municipal Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the City of Savannah as owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.|
|Online Finding Aid||http://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4354|