|Title||Greek Orthodox Church, Savannah, Ga.|
|Collection||1121-057, V. & J. Duncan Postcard Collection|
"Greek Orthodox Church, Savannah, Ga."
This colorized postcard, postmarked March 28, 1912, depicts the Greek Orthodox Church formerly located at the intersection of Barnard and Duffy streets.
|Year Range from||1900|
|Year Range to||1912|
"This building at Barnard and Duffy streets was once St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Savannah's Greeks purchased it in the early 1900s and renamed it St. Paul's Greek Orthodox Church. The Greeks worshipped there until the early 1940s moved to St. Paul's current location on Bull Street. The building is now being converted into condos."
From http://dining.savannahnow.com/intown/2006-10-28/savannah-immigration-1914-1960#.U6BeX5RdVu4 (accessed 6/17/2014)
|Source||V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Credit line||Courtesy of City of Savannah, Research Library & Municipal Archives on behalf of V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Copyright||Copyright has not been assigned to the City of Savannah. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the collections must be submitted in writing to the Research Library & Municipal Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the City of Savannah as owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.|
|Online Finding Aid||http://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4354|