|Title||Savannah, Ga. Bull Street North from Oglethorpe Ave.|
|Collection||1121-057, V. & J. Duncan Postcard Collection|
"Savannah, Ga. Bull Street North from Oglethorpe Ave."
"SAVANNAH GEORGIA. BULL STREET NORTH FROM OGLETHORPE AVENUE. Savannah next to Atlanta the chief city and commercial metropolis of Georgia, is situated on the south bank of the Savannah River, eighteen miles from its mouth. The site was selected by General Oglethorpe, the founder of the city, in 1733. It is famous for its broad well-paved and magnificently shaded streets. The favorite promenade is Bull Street, to Forsyth Park."
This colorized postcard, postmarked December 2, 1907, depicts the Bull Street streetscape looking north from Oglethorpe Avenue, with card, horses and buggies, pedestrians, storefronts, the W. W. Gordon Monument, and City Hall visible.
|Year Range from||1904|
|Year Range to||1907|
|Source||V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Credit line||Courtesy of City of Savannah, Research Library & Municipal Archives on behalf of V. & J. Duncan Antique Maps & Prints|
|Copyright||Copyright has not been assigned to the City of Savannah. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the collections must be submitted in writing to the Research Library & Municipal Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the City of Savannah as owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.|
|Online Finding Aid||http://www.savannahga.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4354|